Passport Review Board Annual Meeting Convened Virtually on February 11th!
The Interstate Passport Review Board (PRB) convened virtually for its Annual Meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2021. Co-chaired by Paul Disney of Western Oregon University and Kari Brown-Herbst of Laramie County Community College, the board membership includes 16 representatives from Interstate Passport member states, as well as three non-voting affiliate members and two at-large members. Attendance at the meeting was 35 people, which included committee chairs, consultants and staff.
The Board received reports from Interstate Passport staff on a number of items and activities:
- Annual report and budget;
- Significant increase in the number of members (28) during the last 12 months, which brings the membership total to 59 in 17 states;
- Call to Action to improve transfer, issued last July, generated support from nearly 200 individuals, organizations and associations;
- Award of the ECMC Foundation grant to support 20 new Network members, including 10 with Minority Student status;
- Participation in National Student Transfer Week, sponsored by the National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students;
- Numerous presentations by Passport staff and representatives throughout the year.
The Board discussed several items including but not limited to the review of 2019-2020 academic data reported by member institutions; the review and approval of policy documents; proposed revisions to the Memorandum of Agreement and Bylaws; future funding and membership growth opportunities, and election of co-chairs. Paul Disney will continue as co-chair of the PRB, representing four-year institutions. Kari Brown-Herbst will continue as the two-year representative.
The Board had a successful virtual meeting and is looking forward to meeting in person in 2022!